What is Primoris Academy?…
Primoris Academy is unlike any other school. We are an independent private school that places children into classes based upon their ability, not their chronological age. We have a unique educational environment where bright children can learn at an accelerated rate and reach their maximum potential.
Primoris Academy’s teaching method is a hands-on, experiential approach including special subjects such as Forensic Microbiology, Latin (spoken), Golf, Yoga, Character Education and so much more.
The school is located in Westwood, New Jersey serving the greater Bergen County area including the surrounding counties: Rockland, Westchester, Passaic, Hudson, Essex, and Morris County.
If your child is looking for a more challenging, intellectually stimulating school environment where they can truly excel, then read on….
Primoris Academy’s sole mission is to provide profoundly bright young children an advanced educational opportunity matched to their abilities, strengths, and interests. We want to challenge and inspire young minds through compelling academic program to ensure each child reaches his or her full potential.
Our Goals for Students
- To provide an education that appropriately challenges each student’s abilities allowing him/her to engage in learning opportunities at a pace and depth consistent with the student’s knowledge, skills, and personal motivations;
- To allow students the opportunity to develop their talents and skills at an advanced level and be supported by teachers, professors and other experts in their fields of interest;
- To provide students an opportunity to learn with intellectual peers;
- To provide students a learning environment that fosters integrity, personal responsibility, conscientious citizenship, understanding and an appreciation of individual differences, along with respect for others;
- To encourage students to develop their talents, abilities and leadership skills in positive ways while in pursuit of knowledge;
Why Primoris Academy?
The word “Primoris” is a Latin word meaning “first, foremost, and top.” That’s exactly where the education of our gifted and talented students is placed in terms of importance. There are numerous reasons to consider Primoris Academy as the best possible education for your advanced learner. Among them are:
1. Our students are placed into classes based upon their abilities
Not all advanced learners are the same as their peers. Some are more advanced in some areas and can learn at an accelerated pace. Primoris Academy does not put children into classes based upon their chronological age, we place children into classes based upon their ability. Subsequently, they are surrounded by other students that can learn at the same advanced pace as themselves in each subject.
2. Our unique curriculum is best for advanced learners
Primoris Academy’s curriculum was created uniquely for advanced learners. Using our “connected lesson plan” approach, students are immersed in a topic which is taught class to class which fully engages the students in learning. Our teaching uses a hands-on, experiential approach which facilitates better learning. Also eliminated are unnecessary, repetitious exercises which only lead to boredom with advanced learners. The curriculum is streamlined, allowing our students to fully comprehend curriculum and obtain knowledge at an accelerated pace… at their pace.
3. Our teachers are subject matter experts
We don’t have grade level teachers who are generalists in a wide variety of subjects. Our students move from class to class and are taught by teachers that understand a single subject across many grade levels. They are subject matter experts. Our priority is to staff the school with dedicated instructors and administrators who are willing and able to help bright students to thrive in an innovative educational environment. Primoris Academy has the flexibility to define a path and improve upon it when necessary to ensure that we are addressing the needs of the students.
4. Our students are surrounded by other advanced learners
The students at Primoris Academy are not held back by other students. All of the students at Primoris Academy are advanced learners, capable of performing at high levels. It is an optimal learning environment where students are appropriately challenged in an intellectually stimulating school environment where they can truly excel and fully reach their potential.
Want to Know More About Us?…
If you want to know more about Primoris Academy, just ask! Use our contact us form and your message will be emailed directly to us and we’ll respond as quickly as we can.
If you want an even faster answer, please call us at (201) 722-1000.